BCLC ResourcesAn overview of our products and services.
BCLC has been providing churches with loans for the following purposes for nearly 70 years:
We offer interest-only payments during construction. Additionally, BCLC will provide guidance throughout the construction process.
Renovations are vital in keeping churches relevant and adaptive. BCLC funds various types of church remodeling projects, from roof replacements to sanctuary overhauls.
Whether your church is seeking to refinance on its own accord or your existing lender is requiring a refinance, BCLC would be glad to review an appliation and share about our loan products.
We support both raw land purchases and existing church building purchases, so long as the property will be use for church purposes.
BCLC accepts loan applications from Baptist and like-minded churches, which cooperate with their local Baptist association or their state Baptist convention, and from BCLC Supported Churches as defined in our Vision, Mission, & Core Beliefs.
BCLC takes a first lien on all church land and improvements. The maximum loan to value permitted is 75%. This is typical of most church lenders and means that the requirement for a church loan is a 25% cash injection by the church into the project.
Supported Project Types
BCLC provides loans for new construction, remodeling, parking, land, facilities, and refinancing. Most property-related projects qualify as projects that BCLC supports. BCLC will use the property as collateral for the loan.
Loan approvals are not based solely upon financial ratios. The BCLC also looks at other areas such as: leadership, ministry impact, commitment of the members, growth potential, and church location when reviewing loan requests.
Loan Sizes and Terms
The minimum loan amount for a new construction loan with BCLC is $500,000. The minimum amount for remodeling projects varies by state, ranging from $50,000 to $250,000. Please contact us at (844) 273-7713 for your state’s minimum loan amount.
New loans are fully-amortizing, fifteen or twenty-year term notes that adjust according to the interest rate option that was selected by the church at loan closing (one-year, three-year, and five-year rate options available).
Please call 844-273-7713 for low one-year, three-year, and five-year interest rates.
Church Mortgage Calculator
Enter a loan amount to the right in our helpful Mortgage Calculator to calculate what a typical monthly payment might be.
The actual loan amount available may be limited by your ability to demonstrate that you have enough cash flow available to make the monthly payments. Contact BCLC Church Lending for more information.
How Much Can You Afford
When you choose BCLC, you are partnering with a gospel-center ministry. BCLC has been serving Baptist and like-minded churches through the ministry of finance for over 60 years. Our loan products give our customers the opportunity to have efficient and affordable church real estate loan options.
Listed below are some interesting facts about the BCLC:
- BCLC has processed over $1 billion in loan requests from Baptist churches since it was started in 1952.
- BCLC is a non-profit, self supporting corporation. All of BCLC’s corporate officers are members of Baptist churches.
- BCLC, based upon capital adequacy ratios, is at least five times stronger than most commercial banks.
- BCLC estimates that there are approximately 175,000 per week worshipping in BCLC financed church facilities.
In addition to sharing the same ultimate goal as churches — to advance God’s Kingdom — BCLC also distinguishes itself in the loan products it offers:
- BCLC does not charge any origination fees at loan closing.
- There are no prepayment penalties. Our churches are free to pay down or pay off their loans as quickly as they would like.
- None of BCLC loans are balloon notes. This means that churches are not required to refinance every three or five years.
- BCLC does not require cash flow covenants that borrowers have to adhere to over the life of the loan in order to remain in good standing.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible and authoritative word of God.
- We believe in one God who exists eternally as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the full deity and the full humanity of Jesus Christ. We believe that eternal salvation and restored relationships are only possible through faith in Jesus Christ who died for us, rose from the dead, and is coming again. This salvation is offered to all people.
- We believe that the church was instituted by Jesus Christ to be the people of God and is made up of all true believers regardless of race, gender, age or station in life.
- We believe in the autonomy of the local church and the priesthood of all believers.
BCLC seeks to support and serve mission minded Baptist and non-Baptist churches who share these same affirmations of faith.
Recent Blog Posts
When paired with healthy budgeting practices and a humble leadership team, church loans can be extremely helpful in facilitating necessary expansions or improvements to church buildings. However, it is important for church leaders to be aware of these various dynamics in institutional lending before taking on a church loan.
Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ gives all of us access to arenas in which we can have eternal impact. Some days we are successful with our efforts to fight the good fight of faith. Other days, our lack of faith discourages our efforts. The most important thing is that we be strong, stay in the arena and continue the good fight of faith.
The context of your church determines your church’s relevancy in the community and the methods of your church ministry. Context will dictate your church’s unique strategy to effectively permeate the community.
Sign Up for our Monthly Newsletter
Receive a monthly update of our latest insights created for your team.
8333 Douglas Avenue Ste. 1460
Dallas, TX 75225
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Get our latest insights to your inbox (one email per month):
Give Us a Call
Toll free continental U.S.
M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT